Good investment software must be user-friendly and provide as a result the correct information for researching, decisions, advices, rates of returns, planning, placing trades and investment-tracking capabilities
You must understand how software calculates returns
Software programs calculate returns in two ways:
1. A software programs that can calculate your (IRR) effective or “internal” rate of return
by comparing your original amounts invested to the current market value. Check that the program
allows you to compare your performance to various market indexes.
2. A software application that can calculate your returns using the tax or cost-basis method. Cost
basis is your original investment plus reinvested dividends and capital gains, with taxes
already paid for (not RRSP) a non-retirement account.
Investment software types
Real estate foreclosure investment software
Investment desktop software application to download, convert, export & import investment data.
Investment management solution software applications.
Investment record keeping, performance measurement and portfolio management reporting software.
Investment management decision support software.
Portfolio management software.
Mortgage investment manager software
Software for management investment portfolios
Trading and order management software.
Portfolio construction software.
Daily trading investment software.
Stock trading software
Investment risk management software
Forex trading software
Software for researching mutual funds
Software for researching individual securities
free investment software for individual investors:
Aptistock is the free stock market analysis software. aptistock
is featured with 22 famous world stock markets, 22 technical analysis
indicators, 19 drawing lines studies and extremely simple eod update process.
let's beat the market with aptistock.
Professional online trading terminal for Forex, Futures and CFD markets allows
programming automated trading strategies. Free of charge demo accounts.
Personal Stock Streamer Freeware
Personal Stock Streamer is an advanced real-time portfolio management system that
provides investors with up-to-the-minute securities data, research and analysis
capabilities. Features include: real-time streaming quotes; multiple portfolios;
real-time portfolio value calculation; streaming and historical charts with
technical analysis; advanced alerts; multi-currency support; data exchange support;
news headlines; advanced extension system.
RoboRiches Calculator Freeware
The Robo Riches Calculator was designed specifically as a tool to help you
understand how Compound Interest works
SpiralTrader.com Browser Freeware
SpiralTrader browser will help you locate low risk entry points in stocks,
commodities and currency trading
Stock Screener Lite Freeware
Screen, Scan & Filter Stocks, covers over 30 stock exchange. Filter include last few
days, weeks, months and average volume.
World Stock Charts Freeware
World Stock Charts is a complete solution for Charting and Tracking Stocks, Funds
and Indices with over 50 Forms of Technical Analysis built into it.
Totally FREE Using data freely available on the internet from 49 Exchanges and
Search for Money Manager Ex for Windows and Linux.
Money Manager Ex is a free, open-source, cross-platform, easy-to-use personal
finance software. It primarily helps organize one's finances and keeps track
of where, when and how the money goes. It is also a great tool to get a bird's
eye view of your financial worth.
investment software tools
investment software for mac
investment software review
investment software ratings
Software Review and Evaluation
How can you choose the best software?
When looking for any investment software, get as much advice as you can.
- Define requirements for software you need.
- Search for free and open GNU software for Windows or Linux.
- Deal only with reputable resources like download.com and sourceforge.com
- Check user rating and forums, read appropriate newsgroups and read some reviews before downloading.
- Evaluate software capabilities and system requirements before downloading.
- Download software and run antivirus.
- Create a restore point on Windows (Go to Start – Programs – Accessories – System Tools – System Restore) before installation.
- Read license agreement (some applications have only one month free use).
- It can be useful to visit developer's site (Go to tools vendors' site) if you plan to use this software for the long period of time.
- Do you need real time prices?
- Is software works fast?
- Does software often crashes or freezes?
- Can software send you an alarm?
- Does software has free trial and user group?
- And remember that free software is still the best
[DISCLAIMER: Please be advised that downloading and installing
this software is at your own RISK. We are not responsible
for any damage or viruses you might get from using
Investment Gurus directory Main Page
Copyright © 2007
www.investmentsphere.com All Rights Reserved.